Goal setting is directly related to your data findings and analysis.
- What did the data tell you regarding the needs of students?
- Is there a single focus or has the school listed multiple subjects/areas they intend to address during the current professional development cycle?
- Do you need more information or clarification before you write the goal?
- Is the focus of school improvement in the area of curriculum and instruction? If no, how would you characterize the focus (e.g., 21st Century skills, improved climate, school/community relations, etc.)?
- How will we know if we are reaching our district/school goals?
- How will we know if our students are reaching the goals?
Tools and Templates
For questions about this information, contact Debra Ahrens (608) 266-7987