Federal statute requires the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to have in place a State Performance Plan (SPP) that evaluates the State's efforts to implement the requirements and purposes of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) using 20 indicators of compliance and performance. The SPP is also a six-year plan describing how the State will improve performance. The Web Portal enables the Department to monitor and evaluate LEA efforts as measured by the indicators in the State Performance Plan.
The Special Education Web Portal is available to school district personnel only and is accessed by secure login. Once in the portal, access to individual components is controlled by assignment of a role/function by the district Director of Special Education. Individual components of the portal are available based on the activities impacting the district.
The Special Education Web Portal provides access to the following components:
- The Local Performance Plan
- Self-Assessment of Procedural Compliance, Indicator 15
- Additional Data Reporting
- Indicator 4 Improvement Plans
- Indicator #7 Preschool Outcomes Reporting
- Indicator #12 Data Reporting (Preschool Transition)
- Special Education High Cost Claims
- IDEA Maintenance of Effort
- Indicator 7 Reports
- Indicator 8 Parent Survey Results
- Indicator 12 Reports
|Available to school districts only.|
- Special Education Portal User Guide (includes instructions for completing the IDEA budgets)
Further questions regarding information in the Web Portal should be directed to the LPP contact for the district.