The Special Education Web Portal (the Portal) provides access to a group of applications that collect a portion of the information required by the State Performance Plan (SPP) and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
These applications include:
- IDEA Flow-through, CEIS and Preschool Entitlement Budgets and Claims
- IDEA Maintenance of Effort
- Special Education High Cost Claims
- Parentally Placed Private School Student Data Collection
- Indicator 7 – Preschool Outcomes
- Procedural Compliance Self-Assessment Report – Cyclical
- Indicator 11: Timely Initial Evaluations – Cyclical
- Indicator 8: Parental Involvement Survey (Student Download) – Cyclical
- Disproportionality: Procedural Compliance Self-Assessment – as required
This portal also provides access to the following reports:
- Indicator 12 – Part C to Part B Early Childhood Referrals - District Wide Results by Student
- Indicator 8 – Parental Involvement Survey – Results (also available to the public through the District Profile)
The Special Education Web Portal is available to school district personnel only and is accessed by secure login at the following site: https://apps4.dpi.wi.gov/seportal. The login ID and password for the Portal is unique to this application. The Portal is not yet using the WAMS ID.
Directors of Special Education and their designees are assigned access by contacting the Special Education team at email@example.com or 608-266-1781. These users have access to all applications and reports. In addition, they create and maintain accounts for district users and which applications those users can access.
Be sure to contact the team when a Director of Special Education leaves or starts at the district, so that access can be updated as required.
Other district users are assigned access by contacting the Director of Special Education in the district. Each user must have a unique account assigned; sharing of accounts is not allowed.
See the Special Education Leadership Directory for a list of directors: https://apps4.dpi.wi.gov/speddir. This list is not generated from the Portal but is a close approximation of who you should contact in your district to request access.
If you forget your password, use the following contact information to request that your password is reset.
- If you are a district user, contact your Director of Special Education.
- If you are a Director of Special Education or designee - Contact the Special Education team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 266-1781 to request a password reset
Director of Special Education – Instructions for Creating District Users (Note: This is specific to the Budget and Claims application but can be extended to any other application as well)