Equitable Services Set-Aside - Fiscal Requirements
"How to Determine the Equitable Services Set-Aside Calculation"
This technical assistance document provides an overview of the IDEA regulations on equitable services. Examples are provided on how the calculation must be done and how the funds must be spent. The document also reviews the circumstances in which an LEA may set-aside funds but not be required to spend the entire amount.
"IDEA's Equitable Services Calculation - An Overview"
This interactive module provides an overview of the IDEA equitable services calculation with information on how the funds must be spent, on who, and in what time frame.
Every year, LEAs must determine whether or not an equitable services amount needs to be set-aside from their IDEA Part B allocation. The following Excel spreadsheet calculators are designed to help LEAs establish accurate amounts. The LEA needs to provide the student count and the calculators do the rest:
- FY 2014 Equitable Services Calculator
- FY 2013 Equitable Services Calculator
- FY 2012 Equitable Services Calculator
- FY 2011 Equitable Services Calculator
- FY 2010 Equitable Services Calculator
- FY 2009 Equitable Services Calculator
A short list of frequently asked questions regarding the equitable services requirement, such as the LEA's responsibility for child find at private schools, have been gathered together in this document.
Equitable Services Set-Aside - Program Requirements
- Information Update Bulletin 06.03, replaces 99.07
- Affirmation Form 10/25/06
- Procedural Safeguards, See Section entitled "Requirements for Unilateral Placement by Parents of Children in Private Schools at Public Expense"
- OSEP: Questions and Answers On Serving Children With Disabilities Placed by Their Parents at Private Schools (April 2011)
- IDEA Complaint 07-028
Equitable Services Set-Aside - Data Requirements
Parentally Placed Private School Data Collection (submitted through the Special Education Web Portal)
Private Schools and ARRA Notification
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) appropriated significant new funding for programs under IDEA, Part B. The purpose of this communication was to notify LEAs of the requirement relating to IDEA ARRA funds and services for parentally-placed private school students. Specifically, that LEAs were required to consult with private school representatives and representatives of parents of parentally-placed private school students with disabilities about the use of the additional IDEA ARRA funds.