Addressing Behavior Through FBAs, IEPs, and BIPs (Now with narration - 9/5/12) - An interactive presentation designed to improve practice in using functional behavioral assessments (FBAs), Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), and behavior intervention plans (BIPs) to address behavioral needs of students with disabilities.
- Functional Behavioral Assessment and Behavior Intervention Plan Toolkit
- Scaffolding Behavior for Student Success: Moving Beyond Seclusion and Restraint
- Information Update Bulletin 06.02,
Legal Requirements Relating to Disciplining Children with Disabilities
- FBA: A Study Guide
- Why is FBA Beneficial
- Administrative Support
- Communicating with Peers
- Prerequisite to FBA
- A Review of FBAs
- Selected Results, Self Assessment Survey, CESA #12 FBA Project
- Special Education in Plain Language
- Introduction - Please review introduction before downloading file. This Word document is (209 KB).
IEP Goals and Objectives to Address Behavior - (10/22/02)
- Introduction - This powerpoint is (2,639 KB), please review introduction before downloading file.
Behavioral Intervention Plans to IEPs - (10/22/02)
Functional Behavioral Assessment for Students with Autism
Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) is an essential tool for school staff to utilize in understanding the meaning of behavior of students with autism. This session provides an overview of FBA for students with autism. Some of the factors affecting behavior of students with autism are explored, including sensory and language processing differences. Viewers will learn how to view the behavior of students with autism from a slightly different perspective, respecting their unique neurology.
Webcast - PowerPoint Presentation