Federal statute requires the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to have in place a State Performance Plan (SPP) that evaluates the State's efforts to implement the requirements and purposes of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) using twenty indicators of compliance and performance. The SPP is also a six-year plan describing how the State will improve performance. The Local Performance Plan (LPP) is aligned with the SPP, but focuses on local education agencies. The LPP enables the Department to monitor and evaluate LEA efforts as measured by the indicators in the State Performance Plan.
The Local Performance Plan consists of the following components:
- IDEA flow-through (including CEIS) budgets and preschool entitlement budgets
- Special Education District Profile
- Indicator #12 Data Reporting (Preschool Transition)
|Available to school districts only. To be used to submit IDEA Flow-through (CEIS) & Preschool Entitlement budgets and Improvement Plans for Indicators 4 and 12.|
- Special Education Portal User Guide (includes instructions for completing the IDEA budgets)
- IDEA Entitlement Budget Technical Assistance
Further questions regarding the LPP should be directed to the LPP contact for the district.