The following information is provided regarding interactions between the U. S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP), and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- OSEP Verification Visit, November 30-December 3, 2009
- Reporting Fraud, Waste or Abuse of ARRA Funds
- 2007 Letter to Wisconsin Regarding Determinations - Table Enclosure
- Annual State Application under Part B of IDEA 2004 for Federal FY 2014: CFDA No. 84.027A and 84.173A
2015 Application 2015 IDEA Part B Allocations 2015 IDEA Part B Spreadsheet
As part of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Part B application process, the State must accept public comments on the application for 30 days and must publish the application for 60 days. Comments about the application should be submitted to the Department of Public Instruction, Special Education Team Director, P.O. Box 7841, Madison, WI 53707-7841 by 4pm on Monday, April 20, 2015. The 2014 allocation amounts will be posted until the 2015 allocation amounts become available from the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP).
- OSEP's Monitoring Report for Wisconsin, November 2006 Visit
- Information Update Bulletin 06.01 - Chapter 115, Wis. Stats: Significant Changes in State Special Education Law Effective July 1, 2006
- IDEA 2004: Significant Changes in Special Education Law Effective July 1, 2005 - Interim Guidance
July 2006: Memorandum May 2005 from Stephanie Petska
Highly Qualified Staff Flow-Chart - (5/24/05)
- OSEP: Questions and Answers On Serving Children With Disabilities Placed by Their Parents at Private Schools - (3/29/06)
- IDEA 2004 - Significant Changes Powerpoint Presentation (10/19/05)
- IDEA 2004 Significant Changes in Due Process Effective July 1, 2005, Interim Guidance: English En Espanol Hmong
- IDEA 2004: Parentally Placed Private School Students with Disabilities - Affirmation Form - (10/25/06)
- Wisconsin State Policies and Procedures - IDEA
- Information Update Bulletin Index
Federal Law & Rules:
- Secretary Spellings announced the publication of the final IDEA Part B 2004 Regulations on August 3. You can find information about the regulations at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/policy/speced/guid/idea/idea2004.html under the "Regulations" section. - (8/7/06)
- HR 1350: Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 - A Printer Friendly version can be accessed by a link on menu bar right side of this document.
- IDEA Reauthorization: The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Amendments of 1997 (web address: http://www.ed.gov/offices/OSERS/IDEA/the_law.html) [approx. 439K document, 105 pgs.]
- US Dept. of Eduction - Search the Federal Register
For questions about this information, contact email@example.com (608) 266-1781