State and Federal Laws
- Proposed Criteria for the Identification of Children with Specific Learning Disabilities and Significant Developmental Delays:
Proposed Rule - Fiscal Note - Task Force Summary of Final Report - Questions and Answers - (1/14/10)
- May 2006 Memo: Chapter 115, WI Stats., Significant Changes in State Special Education Law Effective July 1, 2006 - (5/23/06)
- Chapter 115, Wis. Stats. Scroll down to Public Instruction, Chapter 115.
- PI 11, Wis. Admin. Code. Type "ch. pi 11" in the box and click the "GO" button.
- PI 11, Wis. Admin. Code, Revised 12/2010
- Significant Developmental Delay (SDD) emergency rule, effective July 1, 2015
- Intellectual Disability (ID) emergency rule, effective July 1, 2015
- Eligibility Criteria (State Rule)
Procedures and Bulletins
- Wisconsin State Policies and Procedures - IDEA
- Special Education Rights for Parents and Children (required legal notice)
En Espanol Hmong
- Information Update Bulletins
- Confidentiality and Student Records
- Sharing Information Across Systems
- State Superintendent's Council on Special Education
- IDEA Complaints
- Due Process Hearings
- Students with Disabilities and Statewide Assessment
- Special Education in Plain Language, Updated 2009: A User Friendly Handbook on Special Education Laws, Policies and Practices in Wisconsin.
Interactive web version - English Print Version - En Espanol
This is not a substitute for the legal notice above. The contents of this document were developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
For questions about this information, contact the Special Education Team, (608) 266-1781.