The 2013-2017 Wisconsin State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG) has been developed to support schools with very low subgroup performance for students with disabilities, or those with the most significant gaps between the student with disabilities subgroup and the statewide averages for the students with disabilities subgroup on statewide assessments.
Schools with low proficiency scores in the area of math or reading for the subgroup of students with disabilities, or those with the greatest gaps in achievement between the school and statewide averages for the students with disabilities subgroup, will be offered the opportunity for professional development on Professional Learning Community (PLC) formation, function, and improvement in learner outcomes.
Schools will receive:
- support from PLC coaches
- professional development and ongoing support from SPDG partners:
- WI FACETS - Wisconsin Family Assistance Center for Education, Training and Support
- ECCAN - Early Childhood Curriculum and Assessment Network
- IHE - Institutions of Higher Education
- access to a website which will be used to create an online community connecting grant recipients, families and community, and supporting partners. The website will also function as a clearinghouse for additional professional development materials, and encourage grant recipients to use the site as a venue to celebrate school successes with other cohort participants.
This project supports the following Wisconsin State Performance Plan Indicators:
Wisconsin’s SPDG grant is authorized by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and funded by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs.
State Personnel Development Grant Events
June 18-19, 2015 - SPDG Conference
June 17, 2015 - Leadership Summit
May 20, 2015 - IHE Institute
PK-12 SPDG School Grants
|2014-15 School Cohort||Budget Guidance for SPDG School Cohort||PI-2101-B Budget form|
|SPDG 2015 Video Presentation|
SPDG Partner Activities
Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs)
|IHE Mini-grant Program
IHE Mini-grant Abstracts
|IHE Leadership Committee|