- 96-001 Greenfield School District
- Did the district fail to protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information regarding the complainant's daughter?
- 96-002 Elkhorn School District
- Did the district fail to initiate a multidisciplinary team (Mteam) evaluation of the child when it was requested by the child's mother at the beginning of the current school year? This issue held in abeyance.
DPI uses keywords that are used to associate content with major category/topic areas. By using this classification system, you are able to click a keyword and see a listing of DPI content that has been associated with this category.
Please scan over the titles below. If you see a topic that interests you, click the Read More link to access the page.
The following is a list of resources that have been distributed for specific learning disabilities criteria workshops from January through June 2001.
SLD Powerpoint Slides - no speaker notes for printing handouts
SLD Powerpoint Slide presentation with speaker notes
- Instructions for use of powerpoint
- Myths about RtI Implementation, NASDSE, May 2006
- NASDE document on Response to Intervention: Policy Considerations and Implementation http://www.nasdse.org/documents/RtI%20Order%20Form.pdf
- National Research Center on Learning Disabilities http://www.nrcld.org/index.shtml
- Response to Intervention in the IDEA: International Reading Association
All states have established standards for academic content across the grades. States are currently required to assess student knowledge for reading, math, and science. Wisconsin academic testing occurs in the fall for students in grades 3 through 8 and grade 10. The name of the assessment system in Wisconsin is the Wisconsin Student Assessment System (WSAS).
All students, including students with significant cognitive disabilities, deserve and have a right to a quality educational experience. This right includes, to the maximum extent possible, the opportunity to be involved in and meet the same challenging expectations that have been established for all students.
Questions and Answers
If you have questions about the self-assessment process that are not answered here, please submit your question by email.
Question 1: For a K-8 school district, what is the definition of the grades for the middle school level for Samples 1 and 2?