DPI uses keywords that are used to associate content with major category/topic areas. By using this classification system, you are able to click a keyword and see a listing of DPI content that has been associated with this category.
Please scan over the titles below. If you see a topic that interests you, click the Read More link to access the page.
June 17, 2015 - Leadership Summit Presenter Materials
- SAA Evidence-Based Policy Agenda & Local Advocacy Model Design
- Using PBIS to Develop Trauma-Sensitive Schools
- Dr. Megan Tschannen-Moran
Federal Special Education Student Reporting
By Age Groups/Primary Disability
Wisconsin - October 1, 2014
IDEA's Excess Cost Calculation
One of the ways IDEA establishes that an LEA is meeting the supplement not supplant provision is through the Excess Cost Calculation. It is defined in §300.16 as costs that are in excess of the average annual per student expenditure level for an elementary school or secondary school student. This demonstrates that the LEA is not using federal funds in place of local and state funds for the core educational program in regard to students with disabilities.
The purpose of the DPI collaborative program support and leadership program is twofold.
- To increase the quality of practice to improve student outcomes.
- To increase the quality of special education programs.
This is accomplished, in part, by providing ongoing, cost efficient, evidence based professional development in a cross-collaborative fashion for all staff that serve in a leadership and program support capacity in special education.
- SLD in Plain Language
- WI RtI-Brief: Specific Learning Disabilities Rule Implementation and RtI
- Dyslexia and Specific Learning Disabilities, a memo from Stephanie Petska to Special Education Directors, 11/9/2006
- SLD Eligibility PowerPoint with Notes (December 2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Making SLD Eligibility Decisions ( February 10, 2015)
- SLD Technical Guide for Eligibility Determination (December 2013)